1. City of New Orleans: Resilient energy was evident from the Quarter to Cooter Brown’s, and brought tears to my eyes on several occasions. Thank you, New Orleans. I love and miss you.
2. Matt: An unknown contender last year, this cracked-out journalist came into his own in 2006. On Saturday night, after scoring a game-tying touchdown in the annual Mardi Gras Bowl, Matt kicked it by his lonesome on Bourbon Street until the wee hours of the morning. He returned Uptown around 4:30 a.m., taunted those who were sleeping, then headed back to Bourbon Street – a feat never thought to have been accomplished.
3. Kevin: After several disappointing performances in years past, lawyer made a late push up the rankings by sleeping with three girls in four nights.
4. Marnie and Jack: Continually provided starving drunkards with nourishment and furniture. Couldn’t have made it without them.
5. Karen: Strong throughout; peaked by throwing up twice on the way to the airport. Needs more practice.
6. Kent: He drank a lot.
7. David: He drank almost as much, and ended a two-year sexless drought.
8. Ally: Beautiful little girl dominated at Sunday night parades. Her haul included a 4-foot stuffed rabbit.
9. Susan: Bubbling over with obnoxious enthusiasm; lost points for drinking too many Mike’s Hard Lemonades before noon.
10. Beth: MG rookie got off to a slow start but went out with a bang.
Colleen: Who drinks red wine on Mardi Gras?
Yancy: Looked good on opening night. Didn’t get out of bed the next day.
Amber, BJ, Mark, Mitch: I couldn’t tell you if they were there or not.
Jason-Lisa: Need to drink more and stay longer.
Leslie: Not as surly as usual.